- In Nyungwe rainforest , Richard Kandt discovered the source of the Nile in July/August 1898
- this is thefurthest source of the Nile
- Rivers orginating in Nyungwe forest contribute up to 70% of Rwanda water .
- These River also feed two big rivers namely Nile and Congo .
- Spreading on over 1,019 km2 ,Nyungwe rainforest is probably the preserved mountain rain forest in Central Africa
- It harbours about 300 different bird species,hundred of butterfflies and orchids, and over 85 different species of mammals.
to visist this place can take 3 days from Uwinka park reception or 1 day via Gasarenda or Gisovu.
So, while in Kigali for a conference,a business meeting or just a few days in Rwanda, please get this opportunity to visit this amazing place that discovered by Doctor richard Kand from German .
for more info please don’t hesitate to contact us .